inspired by our neighbor Kelly Button
Prep time: 15 Min
Cook time: 40 Min
Total time: 55 Min
Serving size: serves 6-8
for the pie
start with your favorite pie crust recipe. (You may use a store bought crust) Our pie dough recipe can be found here
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 oz Beekman 1802 fresh chevre cheese
12 basil leaves torn into small pieces
for crumb topping
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Start with your favorite pie crust recipe. (You can use a double crust or a crumb topping for your pie.)
3. Pour 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) into the pie crust.
4. Top blueberries with 12 basil leaves torn into small pieces.
5. Mix together 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 eggs, and 8 oz. chevre cheese. Pour over blueberries and basil in pie crust.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Mix in butter with a fork or stand mixer just until the topping is crumbly. Top your pie before baking
7. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 50 minutes or until custard is set.
8. Top with whipped cream and serve chilled or at room temperature.