Lime, lychee, pineapple and watermelon topped with an ice-cold popsicle. It’s a maelstrom of sweet summery goodness. We recommend that you get your own personalized mason jar to guarantee that no one else drinks (or eats) your creation.
- 22 ounces pineapple juice
- 3½ ounces lychee syrup
- ¹⁄4 cup lime curd (see here for recipe)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 4 scoops pineapple, coconut or lime sorbet
Monster your shake
- 4 lychees
- 4 cubes fresh pineapple
- Whipped coconut cream (see here for recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 scoops pineapple, coconut or lime sorbet
- 2 watermelon wedges
- 1 lime, sliced or cut into wedges
- 2 pine–lime popsicles
- dried blueberries, for decorating
- To make the shake, combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Thread the lychees and pineapple cubes onto two skewers.
- Using a spatula, smear some of the whipped coconut cream around the outer rim of each glass, then sprinkle with the lime zest. Gently pour in the shake and top with a scoop of sorbet.
- Cut a small slit in the pointy end of each watermelon wedge, then slide onto the rims of the glasses.
- Spoon more coconut cream on top of the shakes and top with the fruit skewers and lime. Insert the popsicle so it sits upside-down and sprinkle with the blueberries.
For more check out Monster Shakes by Vicki Valsamis, published by Smith Street Books.