Towards the end of summer we get really tired of cole slaw. Like, really tired. We need to start remembering to plant our cabbage in rotation so that we don’t have dozens of heads of cabbage ready for harvest at once. So we created this easy slaw recipe with a Thai twist that uses ingredients we almost always have on hand in our pantry.
- 1 lb red cabbage, coarsely shredded (approx 5 cups)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped basil
- 1/3 cup finely diced cubano pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 6m
Combine all cabbage & peppers together in large salad bowl.
Combine all ingredients for dressing in small saucepan. Bring to boil and immediately reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for four minutes.
Remove from heat and immediately toss with cabbage & peppers. Once cooled to room temperature, add basil and toss again. Refrigerate and serve cool or at room temperature.