This is another one of those sweet treats that can be used in a multitude of ways. You can use it as a topping for yogurt, ice cream, in crepes or waffles. Josh’s preferred way? Just as is!
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of roasted unsalted hazelnuts, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- few drops of vanilla extract
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- In a large pot or kettle, over medium heat, add sugar, corn syrup, and water and bring to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, add the butter.
- Using a candy thermometer, cook to 260 degrees F without stirring and add your sliced hazelnuts.
- Once the mixture reaches 300 degrees F, stir in the baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture onto your greased baking sheet and spread it out.
- Allow it to cool before you break it up into pieces.