1. ELIGIBILITY: The giveaway is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: Must submit your recipe and story to your local participating independent book store or library. Each participating location will choose the winning entry from their location with their own discretion and judgment. Entries will then be mailed to: [email protected] to be received by Nov 4, 2011.
3. Beekman 1802 will choose prizewinners based on the recipe and the story behind the recipe. Winners will be announced on December 1, 2011. Three (3) winners will each receive a Beekman 1802 gift basket and each winner and their guests will each receive an author signed copy of the Book and will be flown with a guest to NY for a two (2) night stay in Sharon Springs, NY, and will have the opportunity to tour The Beekman 1802 Farm and have dinner with The Fabulous Beekman Boys at The Beekman 1802 Farm. Actual value will be determined by winner’s residence and seasonal rates. Winner or winner’s guest must be 25 years of age or older and must have a valid U.S. driver’s license in his/her state of residency, appropriate motor vehicle insurance, and a major credit card to secure the rental car. Optional services or items such as refueling or loss or damage waiver (LDW) are extra. If for any reason, the Sponsor is unable to provide the Meet-and-Greet portion of the prize, no compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof, but remainder of prize package will be awarded. Winner must take trip at time specified by Sponsor (by May 28-30, 2012), or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations, for any travel insurance and for all trip expenses not specified.
Potential winner will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Inability to contact a potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. If winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, prize will either be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, or parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of winner. Winner’s guest, or a parent/legal guardian if winner is under the age of 18, must complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor’s request.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its promotional partner, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [b] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor and/or its promotional partner due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of New York and all claims must be resolved in the courts of New York State.
5. ENTRY INFORMATION: Please note that by entering this sweepstakes you are [a] agreeing that the Sponsor may share your entry information (including your name, address, email address, etc.) with our promotional partners and other parties; and [b] granting us, our promotional partners and other third parties with which we choose to share your information, permission to contact you about our upcoming shows, promotions or for other reasons.
6. WINNER LIST: To receive a winner list, , mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by Dec 31, 2011 to Beekman 1802, 210 Main Street, Sharon Springs, NY 13459