Question #1: What are ways to combat dry, flaky winter skin?

There’s no amount of body cream that will give you smooth, hydrated skin all winter long unless you have a good nutritional foundation. Start with adding healthy fats and fatty acids to your diet. Fatty acids omega 3 and 6 are found in walnuts, wild rice and certain types of fish. Monounsaturated fats are the kind found in avocados, almonds, cashews and cooking oils like olive, canola, and sesame. These fats maintain the water level in your cells and keep the lipids in your skin plump. They also help your body process other nutrients your skin needs, like Vitamin E.

For Vitamins, focus on A, C, and E. These are all antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals and UV rays (which is important, even in the winter time.) Separately, Vitamin A helps with collagen production, Vitamin C repairs dry skin, and Vitamin E helps maintain your skin’s moisture. You can find these vitamins in many winter staples, like pumpkin, butternut squash, and winter greens.

Once you have built a good foundation, now it’s time to add the lotions and potions. Remember to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Before you leave the house, after you get out of the shower, before you head to bed.

When we developed our Triple Milk skin care, we took the same approach of working from the inside out. Nutrients like Vitamin E and healthy sources of fat like olive oil not only do great work on your insides, but they help your outsides hydrated and healthy. A base of three milks (coconut milk, milk protein, and goat milk) pull double-duty to clean while providing plenty of hydration.

Question #2: I always get a ‘Rudolph’ nose when I have a cold. Any tips on how to not look sick when you feel sick?

We know how it goes. You know you need to get as much rest as you can when you’re sick, but school drop-offs, grocery shopping and chores in and out of the house take precedent. When it comes to that rubbed-raw nose look, you need something that moisturizes as well as provides a barrier between your delicate skin and a Kleenex. This is a perfect place for our pure hand salve.

Hand salve for your nose may seem crazy, but it has the right combination of moisturizers to make your chapped skin feel better. Just make sure you use one that is unscented unless walking around smelling Vanilla Absolute all day is your thing. Jojoba oil and goat milk provide moisture that lasts through repeated nose blowing. The sunflower seed wax in our hand salve provides an all-natural barrier that locks in moisture and prevents chaffing. All you need to do is use a clean finger to dab a small amount of hand salve over all the chapped areas. Once your nose drinks in all those good-for-you ingredients, you’ll be Rudolph no more.

by Dr. Brent

Reader Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Barbara-June Smith

I love your products. I have purchased the whipped moisture creams, Blaak creams, etc. I would like to know the shelf life of the products. On HSN I think I heard a neighbor say they would freeze the creams. Will this give longer shelf life?

Kim

I have used your soap, hand creme and body creme. They are great,, especially for my dry skin and scalp (as I have lost my hair due to chemo). I was wondering why do you offer all of your combination kits at special prices on hsn and qvc and not to your neighbors on line? I would love to purchase the fig leaf 4pc goat milk collection offered on hsn today but was not able to purchase from hsn. Do you have a catalog?

Cindy Cox

I have been having a problem with my hair breaking off because it is so dry. My hairdresser has used all kinds of deep conditioners. I changed shampoo and conditioner thinking that might help. I was getting desperate. I finally ordered your Honey and Orange blossom shampoo and conditioner. I used is only about four times and my hair breaking was less and less. I have used these products for about a month now and my hair no longer breaks off. My hair no longer feels and looks like straw. It is now soft and shiny and healthy. I love, love, love these products. In fact, I am so crazy about your products that I am now using the serum plus the day creams and night creams. I love the lip balm. I see pictures of your farm and I am thinking my husband and I will come visit next year. Can’t wait to meet both of you.

sandra kurpgeweit

Hi neighbor,
I purchased the triple milk soap and the black coal both say use at night….confused
Thought the charcoal would work on brown spots and old acne scars says in PM also?

Beverly Smith

I was having a terrible time with my hands. I even saw a dermatologist and used every med and creams for skin problems. I started using the goat milk and my hands are healed now I love it and the goats too. Thank you.

Neighbor Services

We are so glad to hear you are finding relief with your Beekman 1802 experience!

Pamela Dawson

Hello. I would like to know if I can safely use the Meadow Lark bar soap on my face. I try to purchase vegan, organic, and natural products for internal and external purposes, so I am very happy to see your products on QVC and your web site. I have told others about the items you offer, and I will probably be sending them to my daughter in Waxhaw N.C. Thank you and your neighbors for what you are doing.

Neighbor Services

Hi, Neighbor! Thank you for reaching out! Our 9 oz bar soaps, like the Meadow Lark bar, are not specifically formulated for the skin of the face. Some neighbors certainly do use on their face, due to scent you may want to test in one spot as the face is more sensitive than the skin of the rest of the body. For facial cleansing, we highly recommend one of our Triple Milk Bars.

Marie

Hi doctor Brent, I have very bad callouses on both my big toes from a callous remover that resembles a grater and now I can’t get rid of them. I am ashamed to wear sandels. What can I do to correct this problem besides soaking my feet in a foot bath? I am at my wits end with this problem. Please can you help me?

June Sekiguchi

Since Beekman 1802 does not manufacture any dish washer soap, can we use the laundry soap for machine dishwashing? If yes, how much do we need to put into each of the 2 cups?

Jamie Pratt

Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me if you have any sunscreens that are in your Triple Milk Formula line that my son and I could use. We both have sensitive skin. My son uses the Triple Milk bar soap and his skin has improved so much. He suffers with seborrheic dermatitis on his face and head. I use all 4 products from that line and love the way my skin looks and feels. We also use your wonderful goat milk soap and love how it makes our skin feel as well as the goat milk cuticle cream. Wonderful products! Keep up the wonderful work. We both hope to make a trip back to New York one day to visit your shop.

lynn Clark

I am an avid QVC customer and was delighted when you joined their family. I always hear you say you do not use petroleum products so I ordered your hand cream. It was wonderful for the first couple of days and then my cuticles began to dry out. I read the label and low and behold the goat milk hand cream/pure goat milk, has mineral oil. I am allergic to mineral oil. If you are going to make the general statement that you do not use petroleum products, please specify often when a product has mineral oil. I still love you guys and your soap, but cannot use the hand cream, so sad. Hope I do not get a soap with mineral oil.

Neighbor Services

Hi, Neighbor! Thank you for reaching out. Our products are petroleum free. In this instance, we request you reach out to our Neighbor Services team to inquire about this product. Please include in your email to them the Product Name, Size, Lot #, Date of Purchase and if possible a picture of the ingredients list on your Hand Cream. Our products are petroleum free, Propylene Glycol was present in our older formulations of Hand Cream and has since been removed from out products. If you see this ingredient in your hand cream, you may have the received the previous formula. Please reach out to QVC to process a return

Mary Cahen

Carmel sauce arrived. Never before have I tasted anything so delicious. I have made my own, eaten it in fine restaurants, and now found the best. Is it the goat milk? I of course dipped a spoon in as soon as I opened the latest carton of goodies. Tonight, some on coffee ice cream.

Mary Cahen

I am just taking my first laundry out of the dryer today washed with Beekman 1802 laundry soap. Oh my gosh it is nice. Soft, clean, and all things clothes should be. Blouses are not wrinkled, and my dryer balls haven’t even arrived yet. I have been using a national brand eco friendly brand, so not going from the nasty stuff in orange plastic. Still, I am so amazed at the difference in using goat milk soap! I love to do laundry, and now I have found a new product I can be so happy about. Also, my “ test” was some purple something I spilled on the front of a blouse. I do not remember what food. It came out with no special treatment.

Neighbor Services

We are so glad to hear that you are LOVING your Beekman 1802 experience! Enjoy making your home a Happy Place!

Margaret Scharf

Dear Brent & Josh,
I have draws of your products and can not seem to get enough. My soap supply will last me until I pass away I am sure. I just purchased the Beauty Box but missed the cut off for the July box 🙁 . But this is my question. When and if are you bring back your seasonal Bounty Boxes? I have purchased Morning Glory, Farmers Market and Morning Mist for myself and several as gifts. My problems were solved on gift giving because I planned on sending all my family and friends a Bounty Box for the holidays and birthdays. Now I have been told the Bounty Boxes have been discontinued. PLEASE bring them back and notify me so I can purchase before they are sold out. Thank You Your biggest fan “Meg1802”

Neighbor Services

Hi, Neighbor!
Bounty Boxes are exclusive collection available only with HSN. This year’s Bounty Box features our new Seasonal scents. Each of these scents will be launched in its appropriate Season. Because this is an exclusive, limited edition theme, the full collection of Seasonal Scent Bounty Boxes was limited to Auto-Ship options only when the collection was first launched.
You can find these products individually on our site. You could even subscribe to the B.1802 Beauty Box as a gift and update the shipping address to a different loved one each season. 🙂 Be sure to keep your eye out on HSN in the future to see what special bundles, assortments and bounty’s will be available in 2020.

joanie

I tried your Fresh Air bar soap at a hotel. I had burning in my eyes as I washed my face. Would another of your bar soaps be better for me?

Neighbor Services

Hi, Neighbor! Sorry to hear you got some soap in your eye. As with any soap and even any natural ingredient, the eyes are much more sensitive and a different pH than the skin which is what causes that stinging/burning sensation. Our Triple Milk Bar is our recommended facial bar soap, though we do recommend to be cautious not to get any type of product in the eye.

Patsy McCauley

hey neighbor!
We just a month ago ordered 8 bar collection with the tin box. We went auto ship but have a very distinct problem with one bar., The one called Arcadia. My daughter decided to use it
and instantly took note of the strong fragrance and went into a headache. I also could smell it in the kitchen even after wrapping the bar in plastic wrap.
With this problem bar would you offer an exchange for another bar? This problem may effect
others too,

Neighbor Services

Hi, Neighbor!
Arcadia is one of our stronger scents with a deep note of sweet autumn clematis. This set is pre-assorted and future auto-ship orders cannot be customized. Arcadia will always be present with this set. Each bar is individually wrapped so the scent of one bar should not effect another bar. Each individual person can be sensitive to any specific scent, it is always important to take note of any sensitivities one comes across in life as to avoid future use of that ingredient/scent/sensitivity. I would recommend your daughter stick to the Pure Goat Milk Bar Soap or one of the lighter scents in the set you received. If you do not wish to receive this set due to the inclusion of the Arcadia Bar, please reach out to HSN to cancel your auto-ship subscription.

Robin Zdroik

Which of your products can you recommend for someone who has rosecea? Thank.You…

Lynn Moyer

Dr. Brent, I just enjoyed your presentation showing and describing your many skin healthy products on my favorite network QVC.
I just signed up for your newsletter which I am sure will keep me updated on all your fabulous products.
My question is can your products be used on animals to keep their skin and coats naturally healthy? I have a White Labrador Retriever.
If your answer is Yes please tell me your recommendations.
Sincerely,
Your neighbor,
Lynn Moyer

Neighbor Services

Hi, Neighbor! Thank you for reaching out. Our Bath and Beauty products are not tested on animals so we cannot give a recommendation to use on your pet. Please feel free to bring the list of ingredients of the product you are inquiring about with you to your pet’s next Vet appointment to consult with their medical, professional opinion. Have you tried our Happy Place Waterless Dog Wash?

Neighbor Services

Most of our soaps are do not contain gluten though our products are not certified gluten free and may be processed on machinery that processes gluten ingredients. Our Bar Soaps do not contain Gluten with the exception of the Honey & Oats Bar Soap due to the Oat ingredients. Please email our Neighbor Services team at [email protected] for the full list of products that do contain gluten.

Barbara Bennigan

I purchased a new mattress that has a strong chemical smell. Do not have a place to air out. I have the fabric freshener. Will that help cut down on the odor & possibly neutralize some of the chemicals?

Barbara Bennigan

I purchased a new mattress that has a strong chemical smell. I do not have a place to air it out.I have Happy Place fabric freshener. Will that help cut down on the smell & possibly neutralize some of the chemicals? think I gave wrong email with last request.

Neighbor Services

It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on your mattress. The Fabric Freshener is safe to use on fabrics and will help to reduce some smell while you are airing out your mattress.