IMG_6793

Give us one reason in the comments section below that you love living in America!

Earlier this year we partnered with Country Inns and Suites to re-design all of the amenities in their hotels across America.

During the launch they used a clever promotional tagline called “1,802 Reasons to Love this Country”. It was so clever, in fact, that we stole it.

For sure America has its fair share of problems and imperfections, but at Beekman 1802, we also search high and low for the most positive things, and there’s still PLENTY of positive things going in America.

In honor of Independence Day, we are are going to try to get 1,802 comments on this blog post each giving one reason that they love this country. We’ll post them all on Facebook (@beekman1802boys) on July 4.

Put the reason you love this country in the comments section below.

by Josh and Brent

Reader Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Erin B

From Texas…We are the land of the free because of the brave,,,Thank you to all that have served. Happy 4th everybody!!

Laura Hartwick

I love this country because my daughter has the right to a free public education–something which is denied to so many other daughters in our world.

Kathleen Devone

For our freedom because of the brave! In spite of our country’s flaws it’s still the best place in the world to live!

Karen McClellan

From California…We love this country because our freedom gives us such a wide range of choices. If you chose to work hard to cultivate a good life the choices are only as limited as your imagination.

Donna

We are free to explore this wonderful land we call home whenever we wish to do so — nothing replaces freedom! Our forefathers fought for this right and hopefully it will never be taken away. Apple pie is good too!

Debbi

I am free to do anything I pretty much want in this country. The possibilities are endless. This weekend family & food.

Brenda

The diversity of mountains, water and freedoms that we have so far/ Lets all pray that it continues to be that way!

Judith

Our National Parks, the beauty of America, our freedom to travel within this endlessly awesome country. The preservation of the treasures right here in our United States, our forefathers knew the parks and memorials should be saved for all to enjoy. God has blessed America with all these beautiful treasures.

Lisa Ouellette

I love that we are a democratic country. As individuals, we can do great things and make a difference for our neighbors and communities. Our voices and actions are heard. I believe in strength in unity as a country and a people, and a good apple pie too!

Jan

Green endless rolling fields with local farms and dairy cows. I love small communities where neighbors still help their neighbor on times of joy and need.

Jerrie Pickering

Why do I love this country? Because it’s the land of the free and the home of the brave!
HOOAH !

Dkay

Just drove half the country because one of my children moved to Oregon. Now I have one on the East coast and the West. This country is georgeous and diverse beyond imagination. Let’s take care of what we have been blessed with.

Mary Fremont

Iliza Shlesinger ‏@iliza 6h6 hours ago
Like I always say “being an American w jury duty is better than secret police coming to your home, arresting you and killing your family.”

Georgia

USA is tops because of the ability of every person to discover something new and act on that discovery for the betterment of themselves,the country, or the world. I love the fact that you can get a little taste of the world without leaving the country. WE HAVE IT ALL! God bless the country, our troops and our American family! Joy to all!

Barbara

I love America because of the opportunities it offers to make our dreams come true, and the knowledge that when I open my eyes in the morning, I live in what is and has always been the best country in the world.

Gary

I love this country because we can agree to disagree and still live together. I am encouraged by all the positive comments posted here!

Sophia Robertson

I love this country because we have the opportunity to be whoever we want and live out our true passions! Cherry pie and peach pie is awesome too!

Ridia

Love this country for what this big nation believes and stand for. And I love lemon and blueberry pies.

Barbara White

Freedom to make choices. Travel the country with no borders to cross. Freedom of speech. Freedom to live in peace and love one another. My favorite is Strawberry Rhubarb pie. This is a wonderful place to live bar none.

Helen

Diversity in all forms: nature, people, culture, food, religion, languages. Sour cherry pie, apple pie, peach pie, pecan pie, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, BBQ, corn on the cob, blueberries, cranberries, and not last, nor least, Jelly Bellys! ?

Geri Moorhouse

I love our country for all the reasons everyone has posted so far, but primarily for our freedom! Hip, Hip, Hooray for the United States of America! And I do love Cherry and Apple pie!

John Bailey

I love the ability to drive in any direction and see beautiful countryside

Joni

We have a national park system unlike any other in the.world. Let’s all pledge to take advantage of it during its 100th anniversary!

Nancy

I love YOUR beautiful country because it is my next door neighbor. Happy Fourth of July from your neighbor to the north!

Joni

I love Canada, I have spent many memorable vacations in your beautiful country. It’s a bit early, but Happy Canada Day to you!

Nancy

Cheers! It will be a celebratory weekend on both sides of our border (and the longest undefended border in the world at that! Long may it stay that way!).

JulieKay Dudley

What I love most about our country is our freedom of speech & our diversity. This enables us to blend many cultures and ideas into a unique American culture.

Katie

I love living in this country because although I’ve lived in New York all my life, and traveled between Central New York and the Capital District for the last 20, this past weekend I discovered a new route to travel that is beautiful and very picturesque.

Kathy

Lobster rolls from The American Hotel. I haven’t been able to forget about them so I’m coming back in the Fall to get another!

Judy Neumann

What a great country where your dog can be rescued in Indiana, adopted in Illinois and is now living and thriving in Wisconsin. We are truly grateful for her and the happiness she brings us every day.

Ginger

I love living in this country because it truly is the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Tom

I love America because of all our freedoms. Like being able to buy VANILLA ICE CREAM to eat with my APPLE or CHERRY pie.