Thinking of taking a drive for Memorial Day weekend? Help our village Spring back to life at this year’s Garden Party Festival.
In addition to the wonderful merchants throughout Sharon Springs, local craftspeople, artists, farmers and food purveyors from all over the Mohawk Valley, here’s a list of other events during the weekend to help you plan your trip:
- Become a part of our roots. If you’ve already been digging and separating in your own garden, bring your remnants and be a part of our perennial plant exchange. Take a piece of Sharon Springs home with you! FREE
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side of Sharon Spring’s history with a guided walking tour of the historic buildings of the village. Space is limited. Click here to reserve your tickets.
- We’re putting on a show! Friday evening 7 pm, Studio North presents their annual dance performance, this year they will performing “Around the World.” Admission is free and ALL ARE WELCOME. Doors open at 6:45 pm at the Sharon Springs Central School Auditorium (located at the school on Rt. 20). Click here for more information.
- Are you as fascinated by collector plates as we are? Check out the cool new exhibit at BANK, the new art gallery in the village’s old bank. Buy a plate and help the village restore Chalybeate Park!
- Hay now! Rotary Club of Sharon Springs is offering hay rides up the hills of the village. See structures you otherwise probably wouldn’t venture to see! Rides take approximately 1 hour and begin on the hour from 11-3 on Saturday. Space is limited. Email [email protected] to reserve your space and time. $10
- Get the SWEET & LOW DOWN on how one woman and her family moved from Colorado to start their own butter business. Learn how butter is made, what makes fresh butter different from what you buy in the supermarket and get a taste of Ollie’s hand-crafted cultured butter. Saturday, 9:00am at 204 Main Bistro. FREE
- EXCLUSIVE: Enjoy a preview of this year’s Glimmerglass Opera Festival as performers take to the porch of the Beekman 1802 Mercantile to sing selections from Aida, the Music Man, and the other shows from this season. Saturday at 3:00pm. FREE
- Join us for a BBQ, Saturday, May 26th at My Sisters’ Place Cafe, 116 Beechwood Road. BARBEQUE DINNER, 6 pm – 9 pm – grass-fed burgers, chicken & Pulled Pork, Salads, desserts & beverage – Live Entertainment, $25.95/per person. A portion of the evening’s proceeds will go to support the Sharon Springs Citizens Council of the Arts. Reservations are strongly recommended. Click here for more information
- Be a part of the chatter. Stop in the Village Hall Gallery and tell editor Leila Durkin why you love visiting Sharon Springs. You could be in the next issue of The Chatter!
- To celebrate the conclusion of the weekend, enjoy a historic concert in the parlor of the Gardner Stone House, one of the most beautiful homes in Sharon Springs! The concert is titled “Non piu mesta” from the famous final aria of Rossini’s La Cenerentola (Cinderella). Tickets are $10 and reservations can be made by calling Robert Gosselink at 518.234.2259
- Before & After: restoration has just started on the historic park in the center of the village. Take a look at what it looks like now then come back next year to see what a little hard work and community spirit can accomplish!
Take a sneak peek at how we’ve set up the Beekman 1802 Mercantile for gardening season!