Country Living named our stuffing recipe one of the best Thanksgiving recipes ever printed in the magazine’s history. Who are we to argue?
- 3/4 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage (without fennel seeds), casings removed
- 3 ounce(s) (about 3/4 cup) pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 5 cup(s) (or up to 6 cups) cubed, day-old Supermoist Cornbread, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add pecans, parsley, zest, and cornbread to bowl and toss to combine. Add broth, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss until moistened. Transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish, cover with a piece of aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until hot and browned on top, about 15 minutes more.